TRADITION MEETS COMFORTABLE MODERNITY
Since 1919, the Hotel Sengscheider Hof has been family-owned.
The married couple Margarethe and Peter Adt acquired the property of today's Hotel and Restaurant Sengscheider Hof in 1919.
Franziska Petermann, their daughter, took over and constructed the first six hotel rooms with her husband Johann Petermann in 1937.
She passed it on to her daughter Aline in 1964. Together with her husband Rudolf Toussaint, she renovated and expanded it into a bourgeois restaurant with 15 guest rooms.
It was their son Axel Toussaint who took over the property in 1991, giving the Sengscheider Hof its present character and charm.
He built the main house with 30 hotel rooms, a reception area, a bar, and a wellness center together with Andreas Daenekamp. This was in the years 1999 and 2000.
The restaurant moved to the main house between 2012 and 2016 due to extensive renovations. During that time, new modern superior rooms were built in the former monastery building.
In 2019 and 2020, extensive renovations were carried out.
In the summer of 2021, an apartment house called Elsass was added to the property. You will find a separate bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a balcony, and access to our spacious garden on a total of 50 square meters.